For the clinic on Oct 23, 2021, Dr. Mrinali Patel Gupta, Retina Specialist from Retina Associates of Orange County, and Dr. Ahsan Khan, Anterior Segment Specialist from Kaiser Permanent Orange County, were the specialist volunteers. Between them, out of the 44 patients scheduled, the two doctors saw 37 patients.
- Top row (from left) – Entry to the clinic; Group photo; History taking; Natalie Batta checks a patient in
- Second row (from left) – Maria Flores checks vision; Rey Castillo checks vision; Luis Casanova checks eye pressure; Rey Castillo checks eye pressure.
- Third row (from left) – Kathryn (Trina) Toyama scans an OCT; Dr. Khan checks a patient; Dr. Gupta checks a patient; Dr. Khan checks patient
- Fourth row (from left) – Dr. Khan teaching Maximilian in the clinic; Maximilian applies eye drops to a patient; Dr. Gupta examines a patient; Dr. Khan sees a patient on slit lamp
- Fifth row (from left) – Admin discussions during clinic; Eylea injection; Dr. Gupta gives an injection to a patient; Dr. Khan examines a patient
- Sixth row (from left) – Maximilian and Ermin, the two medical students, compare notes; Dr. Gupta discusses outcomes with a patient; Dr. Khan talks to a patient; America Rojas discussing with a patient
During this clinic. Dr. Mrinali Patel Gupta gave intravitreal Eylea injections to three patients.
The last clinic had two medical students from UCI – Maximilian Halabi and Ermin Dzihic, who shadowed the two specialists in their clinics. Other volunteers included Natalie Batta, Jonathan Toribio, Rey Castillo, Luis Casanova and Maria Flores. Kathryn Toyama, from Heidelberg Engineering, was on site to provide OCT scans to patients. Lestonnac Clinic has their staff participate in the clinic as well. Noemi Grabiel, OCEP Coordinator, and American Rojas, OCEP Patient Coordinator, were on hand to provide support to the clinic.
If you wish to donate to the project, please click below.